Lara is BDO Limited’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Executive Assistant to the Board, reporting directly to Richard Searle, Managing Director. Having 25 years experience in the finance industry, primarily in the fiduciary sector, she provides valuable support both to the Board and staff. Lara provides guidance on day to day AML / CFT compliance matters, client take-on and on-going monitoring. She is responsible for AML / CFT policies and procedures and for staff AML / CFT training. Lara also supports the Board with other operational risk areas and ad-hoc projects.
Having joined BDO Limited in November 2011 as Executive Assistant to the Board, Lara was heavily involved in maintaining the company’s compliance with AML/CFT regulations and given her experience and qualifications in this area was appointed as BDO Limited’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer in December 2015. As a member of the Guernsey Association of Compliance Officers, Lara is able to keep the company informed of any upcoming changes in legislation, regulator communications, hot topics and industry best practice in this field.
- Association of Accounting Technicians (qualified June 1994)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (qualified June 1997)
- International Compliance Association International Diploma in Compliance (qualified December 2005)
- International Compliance Association Advanced Certificate in Practical Customer Due Diligence (qualified March 2016)
- Fellow of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Fellow of The International Compliance Association
- Guernsey Association of Compliance Officers
- Guernsey Society of Chartered and Certified Accountants