BDO has a rich history in Guernsey:
- In 1900 English accountancy firm, G.N. Read, Son & Cocke, established its Guernsey branch at 19 Smith Street in St Peter Port
- Over the coming century the firm evolved into The Reads Group. The core accountancy, auditing and tax services of the business grew to become what is now BDO Limited
- In 1990 we became part of the BDO network
- In 2008 we moved to our current premises at Place du Pré, Rue du Pré
- In 2012 BDO we merged with BDO LLP in the UK
- In 2013 BDO merged with PKF (UK) and the Guernsey offices of the respective firms followed suit.
- In 2018 our board undertook a management buyout of the business, making us a locally owned direct member of BDO International
Under the BDO brand we have become a market leading accountancy and business advisory firm. For our clients BDO offers ready access to the services of an international advisory network of 80,087 people, in over 162 territories through 1,591 offices and far reaching cross-border expertise. For our people, we offer truly international career opportunities.
As a significant employer in Guernsey with a substantial client portfolio BDO Limited continues to grow in strength. Our commitment to our heritage and to the island of Guernsey remains strong.